In racing forward as fast as I can go, I find that I almost run circles around myself. It doesn’t seem very efficient and efficiency is very necessary right now. As of this last Monday evening, my cup ran over and it hasn’t stopped dripping all over the table yet. Projects have been set aside and only the most necessary things have happened. So here’s the latest:
- Standstill: DD’s sweater hasn’t been touched since this last weekend and it doesn’t look like it will be touched until after this coming weekend.
- Moving forward: Thankfully DS’s second sock is portable and I get a few minutes four times a week to put a few rounds on it. Last night it got a week bit of extra attention at Pathfinders.
- Standstill: Actually still no sewing as there is no time that I can eek out to cut out the things I want to so they can be sewn in between crises.
- Moving forward: Plans for breakfast for 120-200 people on Saturday. This project was put in my cup on Monday night and I hope I finally have it under control. Only time will tell so pray for me! I am so thankful that it isn’t here at the house.
- Almost standstill: Family time hasn’t been real prolific this week. Sure, I’ve been teaching the kids and we spend time that way, but relaxing as a family hasn’t happened. We are getting pulled too many directions.
- Standstill: DH and I still haven’t found time to celebrate our anniversary that took place in early February. Hmmm…that really needs to happen!
- Moving forward: DD is getting closer to graduation and making decisions about college. She’s not so thrilled about either prospect.
- Moving forward: DS has his car already for the Pinewood Derby this Sunday. GPID helped him trial it and sharpen up its tracking. He also gave him a BSU logo to put on it. They are both fans so that made the project all the better.
- Moving forward: Meeting Saturday night at 7 PM and then setting up Pinewood Derby track. My plan is to not stay too late as I have to work 12 hours the next day and don’t really want to wake up late since I’ll lose an hour.
- Standstill: One more education class for work but it isn’t due until the end of October. I’m going to wait a few weeks before I do that as it will spread out the time that I spend and work has to put on my timecard. I just finished 2 hours and 40 minutes in the last two days on already assigned classes.
Only two more days in this week, and then we will know if we survived. I’m tired just thinking about it. Hopefully the bed and I will meet early tonight, but no promises since DD is writing a paper that I will have to critique since it is due tomorrow. I don’t think there is any mischief to be squeezed in my schedule right now so I’d best get back at it all.