Frogged and restarted

The hibernating socks were brought out to be knit on again. After knitting several rounds of stockinette stitching on the leg, I just couldn’t stand the way the yarn was knitting up. There was no elasticity to the fabric being created. It was pretty much a guarantee that the socks would not stay up on the wearer’s legs when finished.

Since these were to be the second rendition of a pair of socks from this yarn for DS (see this post–they no longer fit), I asked him if he still wanted socks from the yarn again. He wanted them but agreed that a different pattern would be best. So off to the frog pond they went. I would have loved to put the whole mess in a time-out, but after looking through three sock knitting books from the library, I decided to try “Gentleman’s Sock with Lozenge Pattern” (link is from Ravelry as I don’t have enough to show yet) from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush.

The first sock has been cast on and one round of the ribbing is complete. Now I will need to carry these with me to see how quickly I can get them done. These are my next candidates for the Socks with Sarah KAL.


About susanssnippets

I wear multiple hats: wife of 25+ years, mother to DD22 and DS17, daughter/daughter-in-law, crafter, home engineer and too many others to list.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.