Just a quick note to let you know I haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth, yet. Life is incredibly busy and with changed schedules we are still trying to adjust. The following are brief progress notes, however there are no pictures yet:
- DD’s stocking – no progress but haven’t given up hope to have stitching of all types done on it by the end of this month. FFOing will have to come before Christmas but at a later date.
- Another pair of socks has been cast on, this time for DS. Yarn is Knit Picks Chroma Twist in Fog Bank colorway. Pattern is Earl Grey by the Yarn Harlot. Needles are fixed circulars from Knit Picks size 0 or 1 (I think they are 0 but don’t have them handy at the moment.).
- Christmas ornaments – Two ornaments have been stitched with adjustments and were completed in the first 2-3 days of February. Ornament #3 has been started and I hope to finish by the 15th so I can start on #4. My goal is to complete the stitching on two ornaments each month. As with the stocking, FFOing will have to come before Christmas but at a later date.
- Lattice One Skein Cowl – This has been cast on and I am fiddling with the yarn to change the colors back and forth as I am using scraps from two cowls made to give to friends at Christmas. This is picked up when I need a change of pace and larger yarn and needles.
Plans as I move forward:
- Take pictures of progress on projects and get posted – Yes, I would love to do this, but am just trying to make progress.
- Two Christmas ornaments – See notes above.
- DD’s stocking – Complete backstitching and fancy stitches by end of February
- DS’s stocking – Put on scroll bars and begin stitching so it is done well before Christmas.
- DS’s socks – Finish pair by end of February or March. There are 3+ pairs that I have waiting right behind them.
- DD’s sweater – I ahven’t forgotten this project but it’s just in a holding pattern. There really isn’t that much to do. I just need to pull it out and get going. Perhaps when things settle down a bit.
- Cowl – Finish and enjoy wearing before it gets too warm. The snow is melting and we are seeing temperatures between 30° and 50° for highs for the next 5 days, however there is still time for weather to go bad again. However, I did see Mr. Robin walking on the ice/melting snow in the front yard yesterday morning.
There are plenty of non-stitchy things that are interrupting me, but that is expected this time of year. At least the taxes are filed (except for DD’s) and progress is being made. Hopefully that progress will include pictures next time. I enjoy watching everyone else’s pictures and know that is one of the best parts of a post, so I will have to see what I can do in the next few days. Thanks for all who read and still have patience to wait for the fun parts!